Friday, July 25, 2014

Questions



Why am I doing this? Well, really why am I doing this? Why do my fingers itch and I cannot lessen my urge to update my status. What shit does anyone give to what I have been doing my entire day. It turns out people are very concerned. They do ‘like’ my activities. ‘Just back from the shed- cleaning pig shit was never more fun’ – Yes, this is my status and just after a few seconds when I am finally about to log out after all the surfing hard work, I see those red bulbs flashing against the blue backdrop. My ‘pig shit’ status has received more than ten ‘likes’ within a few seconds. My heart felt like it was about to burst out of happiness. Suddenly beating faster, I quit my attempt to come out of the world. As an action-reaction gesture, I start appreciating the pictures or wordings of my wise friends. I also wonder if appreciating something can be much easier than this. Seriously, just by click of a button can anything be appreciated? Is it not sad that the beautiful summer bees and flowers and butterflies don’t have a button attached to their wings? I would really want to appreciate them, time and over again. Damn, how can I forget that they live in the actual world?
Pushed this funny thought out of my rotting brain and moved towards enjoying some narcissistic pleasure. Does it improve our self confidence? Does this virtual oneness not pressurize us for the perfect profile picture, for being the wisdom giver? It is again here that I ask – Why am I doing this? The only answer that comes to me is this- I, as a human being need constant attention and appreciation. I am a full grown child. Praise me, like me, talk to me. Do whatever but please react, for I am living on solid ground where the concept of exchange of positive words of appreciation in the real world seems to be extinct. I would rather not loose myself in the familiarity of my friends or relatives voice over the telephone. I would rather wish them a very happy birthday here, in this very oneness platform. I would rather not meet people over tea and coffee for eye to eye discussions. I would argue and try and prove to my point, then again argue, in this very oneness fortress.

I will share this article. It is once again here that I ask – Did you LIKE my latest update ;)?

10 comments:

  1. It is so beautifully written, Shruti ma'am ! Loved it. Only one thing that I would say about all this "SOCIAL-networking" thing, that we are badly trapped in it and just can't get outside coz we are scared of losing the touch with our our dear ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks shailesh. staying in touch well yes fb has made it easier ..thats true..but it has also made us lazy;)

      Delete
  2. Nicely written. Gets our minds thinking...wt r we doing?, wt our lives hv bcum...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi thx for reading:) yes n especially these questions of our existence is something we have always at the back of our minds..when u trek I am sure u must be getting lot of moments for retrospection

      Delete
  3. This is so true..well penned down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bhumchick babes thanks for reading..hahaha i love to stare at the truth i guess..n never really hesitant to say it out loud ..i m waiting for ur causeway post..have u put it up on ur blog?have not gone thru it since long

      Delete
  4. True to the core. Beautifully put across

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi..Nicely written.. Its fact that people get addicted to such things.. and overdo it till it starts harming them... Keep it short n simple.. which no one does..
    For the younger generation, it is going to be much tougher..
    Lets hope people will start balancing between real life and virtual world.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi dada..thx again for reading. yes we were lucky that our education was long done before the virtual world came out in full force. its a real challenge for the youngsters to balance it all. watsapp is another example, its worse cause it easier to access..i am not sure how the younger generation will cope up with peer pressure. i hope they r smart enough n sensible enough to have the courage n say NO :) interesting topic..we should have the younglings on one side n the middle ones on the other n a third with the older generation..virtual worl a boon or a bane? whats say???

      Delete